Esalen Massage Certification Process & Forms
Thank you for your interest in immersing yourself in the 50 year tradition of Esalen Massage. At this time, we are not planning to offer a 28 day training. We are varying the formats of our trainings to better serve our students and the massage community.
We are now offering a 100 hour massage training from November 1 - 20, 2015 for those who already have a massage certification from another school and wish to obtain an Esalen certification. This allows graduates to call themselves an Esalen Massage Practitioner.
We will also offer a six week 250 Hour Esalen Massage Certification Training in the January/February timeframe, dates to be determined. We are not yet accepting applications.
Cost for the 100 hour training is $3750 in the standard shared accommodation and $2850 in the bunk bed* shared accommodation.
Cost for the 250 hour training is $7500 in the standard shared accommodation and $5600 in the bunk bed* shared accommodation.
* Please note that bunk bed accommodation is considered a scholarship price and requires completion of a scholarship application. Other scholarship assistance may be available, however scholarships funds are limited.
A $600 deposit will be required to complete the registration process if you are accepted into the program.
Costs include meals, accommodation and the training.
- We are not currently accepting applications for the 250 Hour Massage Practitioner Certification Program.
- Click here to download and complete the 100 hour certification program application.
- Click here to download the Scholarship Application for the 100-Hour or the 250-Hour Massage Certification program.
Completing Your Applications
You can complete the application form/s with your computer word processing program, then print and return (preferable), or print the form/s first and write in the required information. We do not currently offer an online application process.
Returning Your Applications
Be prepared to put a $600 refundable deposit toward your reservation. If you are accepted, you will receive a letter of confirmation. At that time, your $600 deposit and payment information will be needed to complete the registration process. If you are mailing a check, please do so when you apply.
100 Hour applicants, please note that your application must include A COPY OF YOUR CURRENT MASSAGE CERTIFICATION FROM AN ACCREDITED SCHOOL.
You may return the completed application by:
- Email: email@example.com (please type "250 Hour Massage" or "100 Hour Massage" in the subject, depending on the program you are applying for); or
- Mail: Esalen Institute Attn: Rick Cannon 55000 Hwy 1, Big Sur, CA 93920; or
- Fax: 831-667-2724.
For further registration information, please e-mail Rick Cannon, the Office Liaison for the Esalen Massage Practitioner Certification Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application is through the liaison only. The Esalen reservations office does not process massage certification program applications.
Other Esalen Massage Trainings and Workshops
In addition the the certification programs, Esalen offers many excellent 2-day and 5-day massage workshops at the institute. Massage continuing education units are offered for these workshops. Please check our website to find other massage workshops and book online or call the Esalen reservations office at 888-837-2536.
You may additionally wish to check Esalen's website for Esalen massage trainings
outside of Esalen at https://webapp.esalen.org/emba/trainings. Contact the
appropriate center listed on the website for registration.
Esalen Massage Training Liaison