Administrative Assistant to the Director of Operations
Esalen Institute, the pioneering educational organization dedicated to personal and social transformation, is now hiring for the position of Administrative Assistant to the Director of Operations.
This position will report directly to the Director of Operations and provide administrative and organizational support to general operations as well as major property development. It is a 40-hour-per-week position. You will have the rare opportunity to be involved in support of a major multi-million-dollar Big Sur property renewal initiative that will take place over the course of the next three years. This will provide foundational support to Esalen stepping into its second half-century of pioneering deep change in self and society, opening an enriching our lives, our relationships, and our shared culture in ways unimagined 50 years ago.
This position is the administrative support role for the Director of Operations. It covers, but is not limited to:
- Provides administrative support to Director of Operations and Property Development Manager
- Manages all general office operations including screening phone calls, managing calendars, scheduling meetings, file maintenance, budget reports and project invoices.
- Meeting support including preparing agenda and materials, taking minutes, flagging action items and providing follow-up support.
- Serves as liaison for internal departments and outside companies and vendors.
- Maintains project management software, tracking progress and time lines for projects including but not limited to construction and renovation projects .
- Creates and maintains Excel spreadsheets.
- Researches products and assists with purchasing, particular emphasis on environmentally sound products within budget.
Qualities, Skills and Experience
- At least 3 years of experience as an Administrative Assistant, Office Manager or similar responsibilities
- Organizational skills well organized and detail-oriented (time-priority management, communication, files)
- Solid computer literacy in Excel, project tracking, calendar management, and electronic communication and web based applications (Google Drive and Evernote).
- Light Bookkeeping a plus (construction accounting, coding invoices, reporting, budget to actual comparison)
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with a broad range of constituencies.
- Effective written communication, editing and presentation skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to maneuver on uneven ground, sit for long periods of time, occasionally carry and lift up to 25 pounds, and be able perform daily repetitive hand motions as it pertains to computer mouse and keyboard.
The pay for this position is commensurate with experience. This position includes a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and paid time off. Esalen provides staff with access to an extensive range of educational and community benefits, including movement classes, ongoing in-house programs, and discounts and scholarship for workshops, bodywork, and other Esalen services.