The impact of stress on health is well recognized.
Activities & Events
- Mindfulness-Based Stress ReductionOct 03 - 05with Mark AbramsonMindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
- Sharing Your Life Story: From the Page to the StageOct 03 - 05with Ann Randolph
As we write, we are both describing and deciding the direction that our life is taking.
-Julia CameronSharing Your Life Story: From the Page to the Stage
- Recapturing Your Posture: Release Biomechanical Stress and Maximize Your EnergyOct 03 - 05with Harvey Deutch
Sometimes it is sudden, but more often it is a slow realization that our posture and energy have started to slump and drag.Recapturing Your Posture: Release Biomechanical Stress and Maximize Your Energy
- Brain and Mind: A Deep KnowingOct 03 - 05with David Presti & Kristi Panik
The human brain is the most complex object in the known universe, and the study of its structure and function is one of the most rapidly developingBrain and Mind: A Deep Knowing
- Finding True LoveOct 03 - 05with Daphne Rose Kingma
"Love is the experience of emotional and spiritual awakening to the bliss that is the true condition of the soul," says Daphne Rose Kingma.Finding True Love
- Yoga and Psyche: Psychological Integration through YogaOct 03 - 05with Mariana Caplan
Have you noticed that no matter how many times you chant a mantra or how often you return to the breath, relationship difficulties, anxiety, depresYoga and Psyche: Psychological Integration through Yoga
CTR Center for Theory & Research
Learn more about CTR
"The possibilities of the human future lie beyond the power of our imagination. We suspect that our creative capacity, like that of the universe itself, is ultimately limitless."Michael Murphy, Esalen CTR Founder
On ancient ground, opening new horizons Pioneering Deep Change in Self & SocietyWe invite you to Discover Esalen
Esalen is more than a retreat center or an educational institute. Anchored by the inspiring beauty of Big Sur and an unparalleled intellectual history, Esalen is a world-wide network of seekers who look beyond dogma to explore deeper spiritual possibilities; forge new understandings of self and society; and pioneer new paths for change.