Experience Esalen without taking a workshop. Space available for A Time To Reflect, 5/1-5/6-->
How do I get to Esalen? How far is Esalen from the Nearest Airport?
Esalen is approximately three hours from SFO, 2 and a half hours from San Jose Airport (SJC), 2 hours from SLO, and an hour and 15 minutes from Monterey Airport (MRY).
From the north:
- If you are driving from San Francisco or points north, take Route 101 south.
- At Prunedale, take Exit 156 west to the Monterey Peninsula and Highway 1.
- Take Highway 1 south approximately 60 miles, passing Monterey, Carmel, and Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park. Nepenthe, a popular restaurant located on the ocean side of Highway 1, is 11 miles north of Esalen.
From the south:
- Those driving from the south should take Route 101 north to San Luis Obispo and then Highway 1 to Esalen. We are approximately 100 miles north of San Luis Obispo.
- When you reach Lucia, a bend in the road where there is a restaurant, and motel, you are 10 miles south of Esalen.
From either direction, watch for the Esalen Institute sign on the west (ocean) side of the road.